Requirements for a scientific article for publication in The Journal of Economic Research and Business Administration KazNU
Requirement for authors:
- The editorial board accepts previously unpublished articles on the scientific directions of the journal. The article is submitted in electronic format (in the formats .doc, .docx, .rtf) ONLY by downloading it through the functionality of the journal's website (Open Journal System or Editorial Manager) (http://be.kaznu.kz/index.php/math);
- Font size – 12 (abstract, key words, literature - 10, text of tables - 9-11), font - Times New Roman, alignment - width of text, interval - single, indented margin - 0,8 cm, margins: upper and the bottom - 2 cm, left and right - 2 cm.
- Figures, tables, graphs, diagrams, etc. are presented directly in the text indicating the numbering, title (For example, Fig. 1 - Name of the figure) and the source as a note (For example, Note - compiled by the author based on the source ...). The number of figures, tables, graphs and diagrams should not exceed 20% of the total volume of the article (in some cases up to 30%);
- The volume of the article (excluding the title, information about authors, abstract, keywords, references) must be at least 3,000 words and not exceed 7,000 words;
- Authors in a mandatory order should indicate in a covering letter in the Open Journal System or the Editorial Manager that the article / manuscript has never been published anywhere, and that the article does not contain borrowed text fragments from other works without reference to them. The originality of articles is checked through the system antiplagiat.ru (originality must be at least 85%);
The requirement to review the articles:
Type of review - four-level: the editor-in-chief; open; one-sided blind (anonymous) reviewing to a foreign scientist who is not affiliated with the author(s) of the article with the submission of a full report in English in accordance with Appendix 2; one-sided blind (anonymous) review from among scientists not affiliated with the al-Farabi KazNU and the author(s) of the article with the submission of a full report in English in accordance with Appendix 2. In case of the views of reviewers (foreign and Kazakh) on the publication of the article separated, the final decision is made by the scientific editor.
- Articles sent for revision by reviewers are re-viewed only once, if the authors have not corrected all the comments of the reviewer, the article is rejected;
- When finalizing articles according to the comments of the reviewer, it is necessary to select all the corrected items with a marker;
Structure of the article:
- First line – IRSTI number (international rubricator of scientific and technical information), alignment - left, font - bold.
- Author(s) of the article – Initials and surname, place of work (affiliation), city, country, email, orcid. Information about authors is represented in ordinary type in lowercase letters, alignment in the center.
- The title of the article should reflect the essence and content of the article and attract the reader's attention. The title should be short, informative and not contain jargons or abbreviations. The optimal length of the title is 5-7 words (in some cases 10-12 words). The title of the article is shown in bold in lowercase letters, alignment - in the center.
- Abstract – at least 150 words. The structure of the annotation includes the following OBLIGATORY items:
- Opening remarks about the research topic.
- Purpose, main directions and ideas of scientific research.
- Brief description of the scientific and practical significance of the work.
- Brief description of the research methodology.
- Main results and analysis, conclusions of research work.
- The value of the research carried out (contribution of this work to the relevant field of knowledge).
- The practical significance of the results of the work.
- Keywords - 3-5 words.
- JEL Classification.
Next page (new):
- Introduction consists of the following main elements:
- Justification of the choice of topic; relevance of the topic or problem. In substantiation of the choice of topic based on the description of the experience of predecessors, the presence of a problem situation (the absence of any research, the emergence of a new object, etc.) is reported. The relevance of the topic is determined by the general interest in the knowledge of this object, but the lack of comprehensive answers to the questions, it is proved by the theoretical or practical significance of the topic.
- Determine the object, subject, goals, objectives, methods, approaches, hypotheses and values of your work. The purpose of the research is connected with the proof of the thesis, that is, the presentation of the subject of the research in the aspect chosen by the author.
- In the literature review section, fundamental and new works on the subject matter of foreign authors in English should be covered (at least 15 works), analysis of the given works in terms of their scientific contribution, as well as research gaps that you supplement in your article.
- It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a multitude of links not related to work, or inappropriate judgments about your own achievements, references to your previous work.
- Methodology should consist of a description of the materials and the progress of the work, as well as a complete description of the methods used.
- The description of the research material includes its presentation in qualitative and quantitative terms. The characteristic of the material is one of the factors determining the reliability of the conclusions and methods of investigation.
- This section describes how the problem was studied: detailed information without repeating previously published established procedures; The identification of equipment (software) and the description of materials are used, with the obligatory introduction of novelty when using materials and methods.
- The scientific methodology should include:
- research question(s);
- put forward hypothesis (thesis);
- stages of the study;
- research methods;
- results of the study.
- In the Results and Discussion section an analysis and discussion of the research results you received is provided. The conclusions on the results obtained during the study are given, the main essence is revealed. And this is one of the most important sections of the article. It is necessary to analyze the results of their work and discuss the relevant results in comparison with previous works, analyzes and conclusions.
- Conclusion - synthesis and summarizing the work at this stage; confirmation of the truth of the statement put forward by the author, and the author's conclusion on the change of scientific knowledge, taking into account the results obtained. Conclusions should not be abstract, they should be used to summarize the results of research in a particular scientific field, with a description of the proposals or opportunities for further work.
- The structure of the conclusion should contain the following questions: What are the goals and methods of research? What results are obtained? What are the conclusions? What are the prospects and opportunities for implementation, application development?
- References consists of at least 15 titles, and from the total number of titles in English must be at least 50%. style of the list of references – American Psychological Association (http://www.apastyle.org/). This section should take into account:
- The main scientific publications, advanced research methods, which are used in this field of science and on which the author’s work is based, are cited.
- Avoid excessive self-citations.
- Avoid excessive references to publications of the authors of the CIS / USSR, use world experience.
- The bibliographic list should contain the fundamental and most relevant works published by well-known foreign authors and researchers on the topic of the article.
- References to cited works in the text are given in brackets, indicating the first author of the work, year of publication: the number of pages. For example, (Zalessky, 1991: 25). In the case of the presence in the list of references of several works of the same author, published in one year, then in addition to the year of publication a letter “a”, “b”, etc. For example, (Saduova, 2001a: 15), (Saduova, 2001b: 22).